Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Not a fan of the days BEFORE the holidays...

Guess what folks? As the holidays approach everyone somehow kicks it into overdrive and gets busier by exponential factors. Strange but normal...What I don't understand is the mentality that so many seem to have in that they wait until the last two days before a major holiday to request/pick-up their meds, or worse yet, realize that they've been out for a week and it's now a five alarm emergency. My patients don't seem to fathom that doctors have families too, and for that matter so do I. Don't darken my pharmacy counter or screech to a halt in my drive-thru at 9:59pm and expect me to be full of holiday cheer to see you there.

I have to say that working the week before and or the few days after a holiday are a royal bitch for anybody, in any field. Anybody would rather be home prepping for the holiday itself, or visiting with loved ones. Working the day after just plain sucks because you would probably like a day to wind down from all the holiday fun/weird/anger inducing family interaction. For those who have to work the actual holiday, well, my heart goes out to you. I know it has to be done in some cases, but really some sort of rotation has to happen so that the same doesn't get the shaft every year.

In any case I wish everyone a warm and happy Thanksgiving, and for those of you who don't celebrate the day of gluttony and family, have a great Thursday okay?

In other news, I am impressed with the comments and subsequent posting at
The Angriest Pharmacist's page on a note I sent a while back. As one poster put it, regarding my post, we have created so many demons that it will take a lifetime to exorcise them all. Talk about an uphill battle...

Any typos I must give credit to my kitten--she has discovered the laptop and all it's glory. It's now a place to crash and or a place to chase the mouse pointer. Not to mention there are so many keys that she can step on and not even realize the chaos that will ensue.

No comments: