Saturday, July 26, 2008

Is this drug $4?

Me: 'Thank you for calling Pharmacy X, pharmacist speaking, can I help you?"
Caller: 'Is this a pharmacist?"
Me: No, I answer my phone that way for grinnies..."Yes, can I help you?"
Caller: If I tell you the name of a drug, can you tell me if it's on your $4 list?
Me: Go ahead...
Caller: "Omeprazole 20mg." Pronounced by the caller as follows.....Ohmepra-zole-ay twenty em-geese.
Me: No, I'm sorry but it's not.
Caller: But it's generic isn't it?? Why isn't it $4 dollars?? My doctor said it was on your list!
Me: I'm sorry but you were misinformed. I can give you an out-of-pocket price quote, but I can't give an insurance quote without having the prescription here.
Caller: "Okay, well how much would it be with my insurance?"

Honestly I don't know why it was a postal worker that went over the edge first.....

No comments: